Thursday, 12 April 2012

Changes... and Blessings

Very recently, some changes have occurred. Amongst them, the changes that have been made to this blog! A dear sister in the Lord, Joy, suggested and made these changes, with the help of her sisters, also dear sisters of mine :), Sarah and Mary. This time of working on the blog together was a great joy and blessing, praise the Lord!

Another great change, at least for those living in Queensland, Australia, has been the weather. From humid summer days, to crisp and sometimes cold autumn mornings and evenings! Last Saturday, a beautiful new moon rose in the clear sky.



And there have been other changes... some of a less agreeable nature. Disease, and death. Some of the sheep were ailing, and we thought the cause was copper deficiency or worms. To some extent, this was true... most became much better after nibbling on a block of copper. But this morning, one of the lambs died :(, and the ram is quite sick. And all we can think, is... weed poisoning. As the cold weather sets in, they are tired of grass and have been scavenging afar... it is time to spray the paddock for weeds, or even to pull them out by hand.

Change... how could we record it all?

There are little changes happening every day. But He, our Saviour and Lord, Jesus, is unchanging. His Word is established, and He is the solid, unchanging Rock.

This morning, we were greatly blessed to read in the Gospel of Mark, chapter 5. Oh, the Gospels bear such powerful and beautiful testimony of the Lord Jesus. Every page declares that He is the Word made flesh; the pure, undefiled Lamb of God; the Name above all names!


And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,
And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.
For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.
And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.
And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
And his disciples said unto him Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.
But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.
And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Mark 5: 25 - 34

Hallelujah to the Lamb! He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. Though, though, we all like sheep have gone astray! Amazing, infinite love, that indeed the Lord hath laid upon Him the iniquity of us all.
And when the bleeding, hurting woman came and touched the hem of His garment in faith, indeed He said, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

He is more precious than silver; more costly than gold; more beautiful than diamonds. Far, far more than tongue can declare.

Praise the Lord!

7 comments:

Carra - a bondservant of Jesus said...

Oh dearest sister,
I love the changes made to your blog! :)
And I so much enjoyed these words the Lord Jesus gave you to write!

Oh my sister, I am very very sorry to hear of your sheep being so sick. I am praying the Lord will show you what is wrong, and will also heal them according to His Will. And protect all that you still have.

It is so hard to have animals sick, and slipping away, when we don't know what to do to correct the problem.

Oh sister, the Scripture you shared and what the Lord Jesus showed you in it, is lovely, and such a blessing from our Jesus.

Sister, how that woman was sent in peace, because she believed enough to touch our Jesus... oh it fills me with such joy and hope, unspeakable and full of glory. Sister if only we reach out to Jesus... He will make us whole. Whatever may be the plague we are under. And sister, I love and praise Him.

For Amen, Maddy, if we didn't have the barren times we wouldn't thirst for Him so.

With all of my love, your sister,
Carra

April said...

Dearest sister, Maddy;

I love your new blog look! :) It is so pretty and fitting. :)

I pray the Lord Jesus will bless and guide you in your blogging, dear sister, as you write for Him! I always enjoy your posts!

Change....oh! How it doesn't come easy sometimes.... but the Lord knows all things, doesn't He, and He is willing and able to bear our cares so we may be free to serve Him.

He is a wonderful Lord and Saviour - but even more a wonderful Father and Beloved to those who seek Him deeply.

I love those words you 'quoted' from Proverbs and always apply the Wisdom spoken of in that Book as being our Lord Jesus Himself.

I'm praying for you, dearest sister in a special way, may Jesus always be with you!

In His Name and with His Love forever;
Your sister,
April

Sarah said...

Dearest Maddy,
I'm glad you like your blog's new look. I really like it and I think it suits you well, too.

I'm so sorry to hear about your lambs. I pray the Lord will guide you to the cause and give you wisdom to fix it. He can heal animals, too, you know.
I read the story of a Christian dairy farmer (of a huge farm) in the States in the 1930s and 40s. Whenever any of his cows got sick he would lay his hands on it and pray and it would get well.
It's a very encouraging story. The book is called The Happiest People on Earth, the story of Demos Shakarian, by John and Elizabeth Sherril. I know it bless your whole family, too.

God bless you abundantly, dear sister.
Love in Him,
Sarah

Joy said...

Hey Maddy,

Sorry to be so late to comment on your lovely post! I am really glad you like the new blog design, it was indeed a joy to work together on the design, and share, wasn't it! It was a blessing.

Did you get my e-mail about how to fill in the sidebar green buttons?

I am really sorry about your little lambs. How are they? I pray that the Lord will touch them, yes even animals, because if He cares about sparrows, then I know He will care for the lambs!
Many blessings,
~Joy

Lauren said...

A lovely post Maddy! Sorry I haven't been around here to say hi in a while!

Your blog looks so lovely. It has a really fresh and pretty feel to it.

Hopefully see you soon!

Jemimah :-) said...

I probably am being a bit nosy here, but do you live in Australia? Just wondering, 'cause I do to (in Tasmania actually, the wee spot down under) and saw some of the photos on your lovely blog, which looked like they were taken in Australia. Sorry if I sound like I'm being nosy, I don't intend to!

Maddy said...

Jemimah,
It was lovely to hear from you :). Yes, I live in Queensland, Australia. Tasmania sounds like a beautiful place; my parents visited there several years ago. It must be cold at the moment! We're a bit warmer, up in Queensland - but I love the cold :).
God bless you,
Maddy