Monday, 19 September 2011

A Special Verse for Today

Of necessity, this will be a short post :). Tonight, I was blessed by reading this verse and the Lord laid it on my heart to share it with you. In thinking about what I posted yesterday, the Lord convicted me through this verse especially, and encouraged me. To remember Who I have believed, and that He is faithful to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.

"I have set the Lord always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices: my flesh also shall rest in hope" (Psalm 16: 8-9).

Praise the Lord. By His Grace, may we always set Him before us. He is our hope; our solid Rock, which cannot be shaken. In Him we will not move, will not be buffeted, rocked, disillusioned by the opinions and struggles of this world! The Lord is our Light and our Salvation. In Him we need not fear!

With love, from your sister in Him

6 comments:

Joy said...

Thank you, Maddy, for sharing this beautiful verse with us! It is my desire to set the Lord always before me too, and to walk in the Path of Life and be in His Presence all the day, for with Him is the Fountain of Life, in His Light we see Light. Praise His Holy Name!

There is a hymn that I really love, "On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand..."

Praying for you and your family :).
Love in our adorable Saviour,
Joy

Sarah said...

Amen, Maddy!

Thanks for sharing:)

Love in Him,
Sarah

Maddy said...

Dear Joy,

It was lovely to share with you in this today! How true, that in His Light we see light. I love the words of that hymn you mentioned, too. Praise Him, that we don't have to build our house upon the sand, but can build upon the Lord Jesus, our precious and mighty Rock!

Praying for you, too, dear sister.

In Him,

Maddy

Maddy said...

Thanks Sarah :). We're praying for you and Mary, through this time of greater pressure and busyness. Lord willing, hope to see you at some stage. Until then, let's keep in touch! That would be lovely :).

With love,

Maddy

Carra - a bondservant of Jesus said...

Dearest Maddy,

What a lovely and convicting Scripture! :) Amen!

I'm sorry I wanted to comment last night, when I read it, but I just ran out of time.

I praise the Lord Jesus for His Word to us. It is so important that we seek His Presence, throughout our lives.

with love, your true sister and friend, Carra

Maddy said...

Dearest Carra,

Thank you, it was lovely to hear from you tonight! (I guess it is morning for you... may the Lord bless you as you go out with your family today :)).

Yes, it is truly so important that we seek HIm, isn't it. And I love it how He teaches and convicts us through the Scriptures. "Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light unto my path". Blessed be His Name.

Much love today from you sister, way over in Australia :),

Maddy